Expanding to Meet the Needs of Our Community
Construction Update, June 2023:
Construction of the new addition to Wood River Health's Hope Valley location is moving along quickly! A/Z Corporation is overseeing the construction of the two-story, 9,000 square foot building joined to the back of our existing facility at 823 Main Street, Hope Valley. We are happy to report that the project is on time and on budget with scheduled completion of September 15, 2023. The new building has been closed in and interior work has begun. Stay tuned weekly for photos of the progress!
Hope Valley Facility Expansion:
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Wood River Health has seen a significant rise in patient demand for our quality medical, dental, behavioral health and social services.
To determine how to best meet our community’s growing needs, we conducted a comprehensive feasibility analysis. The results confirmed what we suspected: we must expand our footprint in Hope Valley. We secured an architect to design an addition at 823 Main Street. The new building will improve the patient experience and allow us to:
- Grow our clinical space by 57%
- Increase dental patients by 1,200 visits/year
- Significantly expand our behavioral health services
- Add radiology, physical therapy and other specialties
- Create private spaces for practitioners and staff
- Streamline clinical and administrative work area
- Improve patient experience
- Increase building visibility and access
- Add 40 parking spaces
- Establish a Community Conference Room open to nonprofits free of charge
The $5 million building project will offer patients a one-stop experience for all of their medical needs, while preparing WRH to meet future demand. To achieve this vision, we brought together a team of experienced fundraisers to form our Capital Campaign Committee:
- The Honorable Dennis Algiere, Honorary Chair – State Senate Minority Leader, District 38 Representative
- Susan Swain Brough, Campaign Chair – WRHS Board Member; Senior Vice President, Banking Operations at Washington Trust
- Ruth Morgan, Campaign Vice Chair – WRHS Board Member; Retired Financial Professional
- Alison Croke, MHA – President and CEO, WRHS
- Jennifer Brinton – Owner and Founder, Grey Sail Brewing Company; Immediate Past Chair, Ocean Community Chamber of Commerce
- Nadia Duvilaire, MD – WRHS Staff Physician
- Daniel Fitzgerald – WRHS Board Member; Founder & Executive Director, Chariho Youth Task Force
- Francis Hopkins – WRHS Board Chair; Consultant, Hopkins & Associates Healthcare Consulting, LLC
- Ed Smith – Owner, Chariho Furniture
We launched the silent phase of Wood River Health's Your Home for Health Capital Campaign in 2021. The campaign entered the public phase in June 2022. With the support and dedication of the above committee members, we have raised $3 million in pledges and gifts to date.
Review Testimonials of Support.
Download our Case for Support.
Download a Pledge Form.
Individuals wishing to support the Capital Campaign are encouraged to Donate Online or send a check to our Development Office.
Wood River Health
823 Main Street
Hope Valley, RI 02832